The lager Totermann Mühle was a large lager based near Binarville along the river L’Homme Mort.
The Mühle was an old watermill which was no longer in use when the war started.
There was a large hospital, a hauptverbandplatz, where soldiers who were wounded on the frontline were taken for better medical care.
As with most lagers in the Argonne, the Argonnenbahn ran past it, with a small station and a sidetrack for the hospital.
Today a few stones which belonged to the mill can still be seen and the man made lake which was used as a bathing facility in front of the mill has dried out, although the shape of the lake is still visible.
A little further along the Koning Karl quelle can be found, a fountain with a beautiful text built by the 19th Reserve Division during their stay in the area at the end of 1916.
A little further along to the Totermann lager was the lager Dessauer Platz. All that remains is a bunker for electricity and lighting with a beautiful inscription.
The hospital bunker can shortly be seen at the beginning of a film made by the Americans after the 77th division had captured the lager in 1918.
* The old photographs without WW1relics watermark are from the CD Der 1 Weltkrieg in Bildern